Flight and Ground School Instructor – 2020-21
Randolph-Macon Academy, founded in 1892, is a college-preparatory, coeducational boarding school for students in grades 6 through 12. Students in grades 9-12 participate in R-MA’s 91st Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC), and have the opportunity to fly in a unique flight program. R-MA is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is located in Front Royal, VA.
Purpose/Primary of ESSENTIAL Job Function:
The Flight and Ground School Instructor is a member of the R-MA faculty and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the R-MA Flight program. This includes safely instructing flight for high school students in Cessna 172 aircraft.
Requirements of the position:
· Flight and ground school instructor for R-MA students during the school year and summer programs
· Use flight simulator as a means to teach and evaluate
· Maintain safety standards at all times
· Do pre and post flight aircraft checks
· Keep track of flight students grades and GPA’s
· Mentor students